View from the Republican Convention

Monday, September 1, 2008

Day One as a Volunteer

Although the festivities were condensed today, the Convention was up and running. As a volunteer I had no idea of what to really expect. If anyone knows me, they know that I thrive on knowing what to expect when it comes to events and situations. I wasn't sure if I would be sprayed by the people protesting, or get lost inside the massive Xcel Center. It turned out to run smoothly enough that I made it through the day without being sprayed or my tires slashed, and without getting completely lost inside the building. As a volunteer, I didn't think I would have the chance to see or do anything spectacular, but I was wrong. I didn't get access to the floor, but being stationed by a VIP elevator outside some of the major news stations gave lots of thrills and sites to see. I saw major news personalities, some celebrities, governors, Secretaries, senators, and even Karl Rove sticking his head out of the elevator. I can't wait to see what the rest of the week brings. Maybe even another red white and blue spray painted dog! 

Kelsey Jones

No comments: